I have arrived in Amman - the white city. It's gotten this name from all the building in white stone. Most everything here is built on top of hills or "jabals." They adapt to the terrain and build, mixing the old and the new. Not far from my hotel is the most unique new bridge and several skyscrapers. Then you see the old town in the background.
Everyone has been so welcoming. Strange it has gone so smooth on this side of the pond. The Gate 1 representative was waiting for me at passport control, walked me through getting my visa, screening my bags leaving the hotel and then made sure I was transferred to the hotel. Saw some camels on the side of the road as well as some sheep. They also have an IKEA
It took about an hour to get to the hotel - traffic is as bad here as it is at home. We got to the hotel and it is surrounded by a steel fence. The guard comes out to look under the car all the way around, including trunk. Then we put our bags through screening to enter the hotel.
As I'm typing this post I hear the call to prayer start. Tomorrow is my individual half-day city tour. Can't wait.
Everyone has been so welcoming. Strange it has gone so smooth on this side of the pond. The Gate 1 representative was waiting for me at passport control, walked me through getting my visa, screening my bags leaving the hotel and then made sure I was transferred to the hotel. Saw some camels on the side of the road as well as some sheep. They also have an IKEA
It took about an hour to get to the hotel - traffic is as bad here as it is at home. We got to the hotel and it is surrounded by a steel fence. The guard comes out to look under the car all the way around, including trunk. Then we put our bags through screening to enter the hotel.
As I'm typing this post I hear the call to prayer start. Tomorrow is my individual half-day city tour. Can't wait.
The Jordanian flag just outside the airport.
The view of city center Amman from my 4th floor hotel room.

